If you didn’t already know, were all about simple, nutritious and delicious, so naturally we wanted to share a suuuper quick and totally awesome Brussels sprouts recipe, perfect for any table.
Okay, so if you’re not up to speed, go check out the 10 reasons Cocomama loves Brussels sprouts in our last conversation because this time we’re focusing on how you can make these bad boys both quickly and deliciously.
Cocomama Style = fast and tasty so with just 5 simple ingredients here’s the low down on how to make a Brussels sprouts and Mushroom Saute.
Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Sauté Recipe
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts sliced thin.
- 2 cups King Oyster Mushrooms (or any mushroom of your choice) Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (It’s super healthy)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 oz raw Pumpkin Seeds
Directions (see photos below)
- Chop Brussels sprouts as shown, almost as your would an onion, without cutting it in half first.
- Heat oil in large saute pan and add Brussels Sprouts
- Saute over medium high heat until the edges are browned and the sprouts are soft *mid sauté snacking encouraged*
- Add a dash of salt, stir and remove from heat and place Brussels sprouts in a dish on the side.
- Return pan to heat, add some fresh oil if needed and slowly sauté mushrooms into soft.
- Once the mushrooms are done; add Brussels Sprouts back to pan, give it another dash of salt, one last stir and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with raw pumpkin seeds or any crunchy garnish of your choice and serve.
It’s easy to make this in 20 minutes or less depending on how fast you can chop (or how many people you employ to do the chopping 😉 ). And as with all Cocomama recipes, add in your own flare. Hate Mushrooms? Don’t use them. Love Bacon? Throw it in!
Anyone else have some great mix in ideas?