Yes, your favorite healthy dip just got way more incredible. We promise.
Get ready to double dip with Sara and Maggie's sweet hummus in two mind-blowing flavors.
Back by popular demands, it's a battle of the COCOMAMA GETS COOKIN' hosts. Sara pits her over-the-top Monster Cookie Dough Dip versus Maggie's triple-chocolate-threat Brownie Batter Dip.
The recipe is simple: 1) blend a quick-to-make base and 2) add your favorite dessert flavors.
This is a gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free recipe, but let's be real...it's the taste that will make you put this recipe in your party and dessert food rotation.
Dessert Hummus Base
- 1 1/2 c chickpeas, cooked (or 1 15-oz can, rinsed well)
- 1/4 c milk of choice (we used almond)
- 3 tbsp nut butter of choice (we used cashew)
- 3 tbsp flax seed meal
- 3 tbsp agave or maple, + more if desired
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add in your favorite sweet flavors
Moster Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 batch Dessert Hummus Base
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips (MEGA sized)
- 1/3 c raw coconut flakes
- 1/3 c macadamia nuts
- 1/3 c dried cherries
- 1/3 c chocolate covered goji berries (secret weapon)
- Add all five toppings to the hummus base and stir well
- Get ready to dip...or just lick the bowl (we won't judge)
Brownie Batter Dip
- 1 batch Dessert Hummus Base
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips, + more to taste
- 1/4 c raw cacao powder ("a bunch")
- 1/4 c cacao nibs
- Add raw cacao powder to hummus base and stir (or blend in food processor) until smooth and creamy
- Incorporate cacao nibs (if processing, quickly mix so that nibs stay intact)
- Stir in dark chocolate chips
- You now have chocolate triplefied, better-than-brownie-batter dip
Serve either dip with sliced apples, tortilla chips, gluten-free graham crackers, celery, ...or just use a spoon!
WE WANT TO KNOW :: So does SaraGrag get a monster win or did Maggie knock her out with the trifecta of chocolate?
PLEASE SHARE :: And for you adventurous folks, what flavor creation did you come up with (pssst...we'd love a Banana Bread version, or, oooh Cheesecake would be good, or wait, how about Key lime pie???)
Fun fact :: 1 cup of chickpeas = 15 grams of protein & 10 grams of fiber...as if you needed another excuse to eat the whole bowl.
Post a Comment
OUR BLOG ARCHIVE
- all natural
- Gluten free
- healthful living
- healthy cooking
- healthy eating
- Healthy foods
- healthy living
LATEST BLOG POSTSMarch 21st, 2013 February 11th, 2013 January 31st, 2013
LATEST COMMENTSJudy Griffin
You got a nutritious rainbow in this beauty. Looks awesome! I make a mean guacamole with mango but I never thought of adding apple & Pomegranate. Plan to try this one.obat tbc
It's really a cool and helpful piece of info. I'm happy that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.samantha k
This is such an awesome line-up of cookies! I know what I'll be baking this weekend :)