Hail to the KALE
Yes, you read this correctly, we're presenting you with the best green drink recipe. And, it's not just any drink. It's the glorious, over-the-top refreshing Kale Smuice.
What makes our Kale Smuice the BEST green drink?
1. It's Kale.
2. Really, hail to the kale, people! This green is incredible: Per calorie it has more iron than beef and more calcium than cow's milk.
3. It's a Smuice. Smoothie + Juice = Smuice. Also known as a divine elixir that is packed with vitamins and fiber, has epic thirst quenching abilities and transforms you into the coolest person in your office/school/town/neighborhood.
Kale Smuice Recipe
We know, we had you at kale. But we don't just aim to please, we're here to over-impress. So we've snuck in some other tasty (and nutritious, shhh...) ditties to complement President Kale. Easy to blend up, sweet and zesty with little ginger kick, you'll be looking to supersize your serving (guilt-free).
- 1-2 cans (17 oz total) coconut water, unsweetened
- 2 large apples, cored and quartered2 lemons, juiced (about 4 oz)
- 2 large handfuls of kale, destemmed
- 1 large knob of ginger (about 1-2 inches, to your liking/tolerance)
- Place all ingredients in blender**
- Mix on high until smooth
*We use Amy & Brian's All Natural Coconut Water with Pulp. The lime or non-lime also work.
**We use a high speed blender (basically a turbo airplane engine in this baby). If your machine is a little less intense, then blend ingredients together in mini batches until everything is included in the blender's pitcher.
What can you expect
Post a Comment
OUR BLOG ARCHIVE
- all natural
- Gluten free
- healthful living
- healthy cooking
- healthy eating
- Healthy foods
- healthy living
LATEST BLOG POSTSMarch 21st, 2013 February 11th, 2013 January 31st, 2013
LATEST COMMENTSJudy Griffin
You got a nutritious rainbow in this beauty. Looks awesome! I make a mean guacamole with mango but I never thought of adding apple & Pomegranate. Plan to try this one.obat tbc
It's really a cool and helpful piece of info. I'm happy that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.samantha k
This is such an awesome line-up of cookies! I know what I'll be baking this weekend :)